Fashion Group International of Dallas (FGI Dallas), a global non-profit group that hosts events to educate and accelerate conversation about the fashion industry and giving back to the community, is hosting its annual FGI Rising Star Awards this March. Last year’s event was a must-see with splashes of graffiti art, neon painters tape and the who’s who of the Dallas fashion scene crowding around the runway, an event pop-up that took place in an unfinished space at Galleria Dallas. We’re brimming with excitement about this year’s event, and, in particular, a certain nominee! Our very own Editor-in-Chief/Publisher Amber LaFrance and DFW Style Daily have been recognized in the Fashion Blogger category.
Last year, makeup and hair artist Gary Walden, fashion blogger and fashionpreneur Leah Frazier, accessories designer Michael Calhoun, interior designer Shelley Rosenberg, photographer Thomas Garza, and designer Esé Azénabor walked away with the coveted award.
This year’s ceremony, hosted by Dallas blogger and career woman Courtney Kerr, will take place on Thursday, March 1 at 7 for Parties at 6:30 p.m. Join us for an unforgettable celebration and don’t forget for your Fan Favorite! Get to know the Rising Star nominees before the BIG event.
The 2018 FGI Dallas Rising Star nominees include:
- Women’s Fashion: Venny Etienne (Levenity), Jerry Matthews & Francesca Viamonte (Nine Muses Collection), Tendai Tawonezvi (Neobantu)
- Men’s Fashion: Josh Maddens, Jason Simmons (Dead Soxy), Don Morphy
- Makeup Artistry: Heather Fitzgerald, Jo Franco, Walter Fuentes
- Art: Lindsey Meyer, Andrew Kochie, Danielle Bennigus
- Photography: Aaron Fairooz, Edward Franco, Evelyn Murphy
- Fashion Blogger: Amber LaFrance, Alex Young, Whitney Kutch
Images courtesy of FGI Dallas.