Twice yearly, Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing announces his top seasonal trends. These anticipated lists for spring and fall then inform shoppers’ purchases at the Dallas-based luxury retailer – and beyond.
Incorporating clothing, accessories, beauty, and concepts, the Neiman Marcus trend lists always highlight a must-have color in the lead. For Spring 2015, Downing’s top pick is white, with a bold twist to bohemian style, and an unsurprising return of even more fringe. Read on for the full list:
Ken Downing’s Neiman Marcus Spring 2015 Trends
1. All White Everything: From bright whites to sandy beige, a monochromatic look of this neutral color will make for spring’s hottest pairings. Shown: Brunello Cucinelli Tux Jacket, Layered Silk Crepe Tank & Crepe Pull-On Pants, Elie Saab Lace-Inset Gabardine Jumpsuit, and Oscar de la Renta Swiss Allover Eyelet Shirtdress
2. Spice Market Colors: The weather isn’t the only thing heating up for spring as spicy colors of paprika, cayenne, saffron, and sage will now sprinkle our wardrobes.
3. Sleeveless Jackets: Don’t leave the layering for fall with this new hot trend that Downing claims will ultimately have “the last word.”
4. The New Bohemian: A slight twist to the norm, the new boho gal will channel “jet set meets gypsy” with elaborate maxi dresses, delicate embroidery, distressed denim, to pair with earthy blouses and light tunics. Shown: Etro Beaded Fringe Crossbody Bag & Charlotte Olympia Arizona Suede-Trim Mesh Platform Sandal in Wheat
5. Flat Sandals: Bid adieu to your favorite wedges and revel in comfort this spring by taking it down a notch in a variation or two of this season’s hottest sandal.
6. The Bucket Bag: One of our favorites, this reoccurring trend is one that Neiman’s predicts as the must-have bag that magically draws the outfit together. Shown: Valentino Eye on You Vitello Bucket Bag & Elizabeth and James Cynnie Palm Printed Bucket Bag
7. Summer Suede: Not limited to just the cooler seasons anymore, a lightweight version of this texture in both apparel and accessories will keep our wardrobes ultra luxe and haute this spring.
8. Fringe: An unsurprising reoccurrence for spring, fringe will make even bolder moves by swinging from skirts, jackets, and handbags — marking this as the ultimate statement piece and showstopper.
9. Mix, Don’t Match: Whether animal print, sequined, or floral, Neiman’s list suggests we live it up a little by mixing prints, patterns, and textures for an all-out style statement that “plays well together.” Shown: Stella McCartney Cloud-Embroidered Multilayered Halter Dress, Versace Chain-Pattern Grommet-Detailed Dress, and Alice + Olivia Rory Beaded Sequined Collarless Jacket, Robin Embroidered Short-Sleeve Top & Striped Low-Rise Slim Trousers
10. Long, Layered Necklaces: Don’t be afraid to pile it on this spring as the luxury retailer grants us full permission to adorn our necklines with unconventional pairings of precious metals, stones, and necklaces of all lengths.
11. Coming Up Roses: A perennial favorite wraps the list, sweetening the trends by incorporating light and rosy airs from the world of fragrances all the way to beauty and cosmetics.
All images via NeimanMarcus.com.