Twice yearly, Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing announces his top ten seasonal trends. These anticipated lists for spring and fall then inform shoppers’ purchases at the Dallas-based luxury retailer – and beyond.
Incorporating clothing, accessories, and beauty, the Neiman Marcus lists always highlight a must-have color or two in the lead. For Fall 2014, Downing’s top pick is green, with gray hot on its heels. These trends, and more, are rocked by none other than Karlie Kloss in honor of the list’s release. Read on for the full ten:
2. Gray Matters: Shown largely in accessories, with a few wardrobe building blocks in the mix, green’s lead is grounded by a neutral note of gray. We love its softer side, as in these pale suede sandals from B by Brian Atwood.
4. Knit Dressing: Sweaters for fall? Obvious, perhaps, but also comfortable, luxurious, and irresistible when temps dip downward. Some selections are also unexpected, as with a cord rope-appliqué tweed skirt by Stella McCartney.
5. Outgoing Outerwear: Continuing the cozy-meets-edgy vibe hinted above, bundling is anything but blah in Downing’s world. Karlie’s show-stopping Donna Karan wrap is joined by equally assertive looks from Etro, Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, and more.
6. The Clutch: Well within our grasp, this pick is an easy and versatile addition for any wardrobe. Small or large, whimsical or classic, girly or growl-y, all clutches are welcome at fall and winter fêtes.
7. The Year-Round Bootie: We’re also in favor of any shoe selection that can take us through three seasons, plus. Turn up the volume on booties for coming months with a touch of “moto flair,” per Downing’s directive. This Zavattini triple-buckle ankle bootie by Manolo Blahnik definitely fits the bill.
8. Shimmer Time: When it comes to beauty, this list has us going for gold – and silver, amber, bronze, and quartz. A touch of shine is the bright idea, whether hinted on the lips or splashed across glitter-strewn nails.
All images via NeimanMarcus.com.