We love a list, and a (Secret) Local List is even better. Today, DFW Style Daily’s newest series continues with a feel-good take on top Dallas spots for dining, shopping, and more.
Following a decade in the nutrition and wellness industry as the Vice President of Ultimate Living International, Inc., D’Andra Simmons focused her expertise on her own skin care brand designed to make lives healthier, happier, and more beautiful. Launched in 2008, Simmons’ Hard Night Good Morning has quickly became the preferred label for both powerful women and party girls around the country.
The accolades for both Simmons and Hard Night Good Morning are also adding up. The Dallas-based cosmetics mogul was named a winner of People Magazine’s Real Beauty at Every Age, and Hard Night Good Morning was honored with Fashion Group International of Dallas’ 2011 Rising Star Award for Beauty. Recognition also came from W Magazine, Vanity Fair, US Weekly, and many more. Though she continues to travel the globe to source innovative ingredients for her posh products, Simmons has remained a fixture in the Big D philanthropic and social scenes. Today, she reveals the hometown haute spots that hold a special place in her heart.
1. Foodie Favorite: The chic CEO is a devotee of new Dallas culinary destination, Gemma. Of her favorite fare, Simmons dishes, “The fried Castelvetrano olives with Texas pecans are a must!”
2. Go-To Boutique: Elements in University Park is Simmons’ choice for fashionable finds. She notes, “Tiffany and Connie can always help me find a stunning outfit for any event, even at the last minute. They also have a wonderful tailor on site, which is a serious advantage.”
3. Artistic Addiction: “I love to buy gifts at Artisan’s Collective in the Bishop Arts District,” shares this stylish expert. “The selection is original, and I especially adore the necklaces with little scrolls inside. You can write your own special message to the recipient.”
4. Best Buys: Though Simmons admits that she’s “not the best bargain shopper,” she has been known to source a steal online via Rue La La and Gilt. She explains, “They’re my guilty pleasure while waiting at the airport, but it’s a very dangerous habit, as I always end up purchasing something by Jimmy Choo, Givenchy, or Céline!”
5. I Heart Dallas: Simmons concludes with her top local venue for visitors. “I head to the Music Hall at Fair Park to get my Broadway fix,” reveals the theater buff. “I entertain friends and family at the amazing, feel-good shows put on by Michael Jenkins and Dallas Summer Musicals.”
D’Andra Simmons headshot and product photography, courtesy of Hard Night Good Morning Skincare. Additional images via restaurant and retailer websites and Facebook.com.