There are many perks to saying goodbye to a Texas summer. No more unattractive sweating, bedazzled flip flops, or red, itchy mosquito bites are just a few. The air gets a little cooler as well, and fall fashion takes center stage.
Among the season’s top perks, starting this Friday, October 26th, is the annual Partners Card program. Bringing 20% savings at over 750 retailers and restaurants all over the city, Partners Card time is not only an excuse to shop ‘til we drop, it’s also a “feel good” way to save.
This signature fundraiser for The Family Place, Dallas’ largest domestic violence agency, has raised over $12 million to date to help break the cycle of domestic violence in our community. According to the FBI, family violence is the leading cause of injury to women, and 38% of Texas women have experienced intimate partner violence in their lifetime. Purchasing a Partners Card helps statistics like this become a thing of the past.
Available for $70, Partners Cards can be purchased at many of the program’s participating retailers. Click here to see the full list. With favorites such as Forty Five Ten, Central Market, Crate and Barrel, Luke’s Locker, and J Crew, the card can save you on designer finds and everyday staples alike – but you should act fast. This year’s dates span October 26th – November 4th.
Still not convinced that getting a Partners Card is a must? Here are a few more reasons to buy one now:
1. The purchase of a Partners Card provides a needy infant with diapers for four weeks; two cards provides a night of shelter to a woman and child; three cards buys milk for homeless children for three weeks.
2. A 20% discount can save you big while making a dent in your holiday shopping list.
3. Designer shoes and handbags more your style? Run – don’t walk – to Stanley Korshak and grab yourself a much-deserved pair of Fendi booties ($200 off) or Valentino’s “New Rockstud Tote” ($400 off, pictured above).
4. Or you can take your Partners Card to the Spa at the Crescent and treat yourself to a facial (saving $25) or a massage (saving $43). Let the pampering begin!
5. Finally, you could treat that special someone to a trip to Hattie’s Restaurant in Oak Cliff’s Bishop Arts District. Featuring food with Southern flair in an easy and sophisticated atmosphere, your Partners Card can serve up Low Country Shrimp and Grits (pictured above) and a bottle of your favorite wine for 20% off.