- Fold a long scarf into an oblong shape. Fold it accordion-style, or simply fold it in half lengthwise several times until you achieve your desired width.
- Fold that oblong in half, ends to ends, creating a loop.
- Place the folded scarf behind your neck, and bring the looped end and the loose ends to the front.
- Take the two loose ends and pull them through the loop.
- Tighten the ends until the scarf fits as snugly around your neck as you wish.
DFW Style Daily is downright addicted to revealing the fashion fixations of our city’s top trendsetters. Today, we feature the obsession of celebrity-about-town Steve Kemble. As America’s Sassiest Lifestyle Guru, you’ve probably perused Kemble’s cheeky commentary for US Weekly’s “Fashion Police”. Or you might have seen him on Fox 4 as Good Day’s “Stylin’ Steve.” Or maybe you’ve heard him dishing with Lite FM’s morning personalities, Gene and Julie. In other words, he’s one busy guy. Today, Kemble shares some advice – and admonitions - for well-dressed men exclusively with us. The Obsession: “I love scarves, and have a huge variety in many styles by amazing designers,” Kemble divulges. The Confession: Elaborating on what drives this obsession, our expert notes, “Personally, I feel they make much more of a fashion statement than a tie. I decided to conduct my own online poll, and I asked 25 women what they thought of a scarf on a man. Nineteen women replied with pretty much the same answer - it's sexy!” The Rationalization: “Men’s ties have become very expensive, and a scarf also sets you creatively apart from the crowd,” Kemble observes. With his signature sass, he adds, “Put ‘em on, boys! But don’t just tie it around your neck - your angry girlfriend can choke you with it!” The Collection: Describing his personal preferences, the Guru states, “I have close to 70 scarves. Some of my favorites are Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Jimmy Choo, and Gucci.” Wear It: Giving us a little extra commentary in this week’s Obsession Confession, Kemble provides five key steps to achieving the perfect scarf look.