It’s not often that a book lands at the top of a holiday wish list for the fashion-obsessed (present company included). One look at the following stylish tomes, however, and you’ll be hoping for a juicy page-turner come Christmas morning.
Filled with gorgeous pictures and thoughtful commentary, the following list includes our top picks in fashion reads this season. Any or all, paired with a glass of champagne and a cracking fire, would make for a fine winter’s treat.
1. The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk ($125, Dallas Museum of Art)
2. Carine Roitfeld: Irreverent, by Carine Roitfeld ($100, Rizzoli)
3. Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty ($45, The Metropolitan Museum of Art Store)
4. Rick Owens, by Rick Owens ($135, Rizzoli)
5. Kate Moss, by Mario Testino ($44, Amazon)
6. The Impossible Collection of Fashion, by Valerie Steele ($650, Assouline)
7. Olivier Theyskens: The Other Side of the Picture, by Julien Claessens and Sally Singer ($120, Assouline)
8. My Even More Wonderful World of Fashion, by Nina Chakrabarti ($14, Amazon)
9. Vogue: The Covers, with forward by Hamish Bowles ($25, Barnes & Noble)
10. Christian Louboutin, by Christian Louboutin ($95, Barnes & Noble)