Even die-hard fashion fans love Grandma’s pumpkin pie.
Stylishly camouflage a week of Thanksgiving feasting in one of the season’s cozy knits. Read on for Rhonda Sargent Chambers’ top picks.
From preppy cardigans to unstructured tunics, today’s knits come in all textures and styles. And I can think of no better time to wrap up in one of these roomy, effortless fall staples, as we enter into the most delicious week of the year.
I’ve highlighted my top current picks below, and you’ll note the return of the ‘70s cowl neck. I also have my eye on knits incorporating cool water tones right now. They will translate well into next season, as spring’s big color story is all about the ocean.
1. Ann Demeulemeester’s purple Mohair number from Farfetch ($406) is the ideal lightweight layer. It’s also available in black.
2. Sass & Bide’s chunky Merino wool sweater from Net-a-Porter ($430) is a bohemian-chic attention getter.
3. From J. Crew, I love this ‘Wynter’ sweater with sequined stripes ($118). My choice is the clay and blue color combination, shown here.
4. Tory Burch’s jacket-like ‘Wilma’ Cardigan ($350) can take you from the office to the weekend.
5. On the opposite end of the cardigan spectrum, Yoon Angela for American Rag presents an oversized, ribbed v-neck ($129).
6. Finally, hot on the heels of the debut of the designer’s retrospective exhibit at the DMA, Dallas is enjoying a major Jean Paul Gaultier moment. This JPG cable-print top from Neiman Marcus ($530) combines a cowl neck and trompe l’oeil effect.
(Photo credits, from top: 1. Farfetch.com, 2. Net-a-Porter.com, 3. JCrew.com, 4. ToryBurch.com, 5. AmRag.com, 6. NeimanMarcus.com)