Rhonda Sargent Chambers is DFW Style Daily’s go-to gal for seasonal, trend-inspired shopping advice. Today, her list features fall’s hottest tribal prints, with picks starting well under $100.
Tribal prints are one of my favorite trends for Fall 2011, and I have every reason to believe these items will carry over into Spring 2012. In other words, today’s insider shopping trip will continue to pay wardrobe dividends for months to come.
Historically, tribal motifs have origins all around the globe, from Indonesia to North and South America. Whether colorful or neutral-toned, they abound in unique style and flair.
I’ve highlighted a few of my favorite finds representing this trend below. Combine these patterned pieces with separates in blacks or browns now, and with boho skirts or dresses come spring.
1. Gwen Stefani can do no wrong in my book,
and this Navajo Cheyenne Tote by L.A.M.B. is no exception to the rule. ($328, from Shopbop)
2. Flash back to Raquel Welch in the ‘70s
when you slip on this reversible cape by Pendleton.
($359, from Saks Fifth Avenue)
3. From Mexico, these gorgeous handmade earrings by
Josefina De Alba feature crystal seed beads.
($52.50, from Endless)
4. I love this Aztec-inspired belt by Cocobelle.
($38, from CUSP by Neiman Marcus)
5. Pair this heather grey tee by Lauren Moshi
with leather leggings.
($115, from Singer22)
6. Finally, leave it to Jimmy Choo to take the tribal trend in a very glam direction. These “Kevan” suede ankle boots are real show-stoppers.
($2,495, from Saks Fifth Avenue)
(Photo credits, from top: 1. Shopbop.com, 2. SaksFifthAvenue.com, 3. Endless.com, 4. CUSP.com, 5. Singer22.com, 6. SaksFifthAvenue.com)