Forget about the gold statues. From Kate and Lea, to Kerry and Sofia, Sunday’s Emmy Awards were all about statuesque beauties in stunning shades of red.
Are you ready to rock fall’s hottest color for yourself? Read on for Insider Shopping guru Rhonda Sargent Chambers’ top picks for the upcoming party season.
Whether in Coco’s classic shade or mysterious Bordeaux, the red dress has made a mad comeback for Fall 2011. With so many tones and styles to choose from, there’s one for every taste. Not to mention the fact that red is the perfect color to wake up an overworked complexion during a season of fashionable festivities!
Check out my favorites below. I recommend pairing any or all with smokey eyes, extra lashes, nude lips, and textured black stockings. Complete the look with a black structured clutch and booties.
1. Oh, Stella, you send me! From Neiman Marcus or the new Stella McCartney boutique in Highland Park Village, you can slip into this lady chic crimson keyhole dress ($1165).
2. CUSP by Neiman Marcus offers an easy Halston Heritage one-shoulder pleated number ($795). I love the Studio 54 feel of this flowing cayenne gown.
3. In lipstick red, this Herve Leger by Max Azria mini shows off your yummy curves ($780, from Bergdorf Goodman).
4. Details make Diane Von Furstenberg’s cuffed and belted engine-red dress a real show-stopper – especially the epaulets at the shoulders ($375, from Intermix).
5. Finally, drink in this stretch-silk look in an intoxicating hue of Pinot Noir by the coolest of contemporary lines, Elizabeth and James ($365, from Nordstrom).
(photo credits, from top: 1. Neiman Marcus, 2. CUSP, 3. Bergdorf Goodman, 4. Intermix, 5. Nordstrom)